Sunday, February 12, 2017

New Valentine's Day Products // February


Last year right before Valentine's Day I did four posts about products that make me excited for the holiday (if you can call it that). Valentine's Day is looked down upon by many people because it can seem ridiculously materialistic. That is why I wanted to look at my collection of products that I already owned that reminded me of the holiday. I divided the posts up by color last year. I did one about purple, berry, pink and last but not least the obvious red ones since these are the colors typically marketed for Valentine's Day. I did not add nearly enough new products to my collection over the last year to do four posts again but I thought I would do one big post about the same topic again.

These are some of the products that I did not talk about last year but I did not buy any of these especially for this post. I generally try to be more mindful of what products I buy and so it only makes sense to look into my own collection before even thinking about getting anything new. I often rediscover old favorites or even find products I once bought but never really used before.


KIKO Mirror Nail Lacquer 629 & Astor Perfect Stay Gel Shine Nail Polish 502/302 Crème Brulée: I love both of these colors all year round but they feel especially appropriate right now. Crème Brulée is an exciting alternative to wearing baby pink (a Valentine's Day classic) by wearing a deep pinky nude instead. Another great new interpretation of pink is simply wearing rose gold on your nails.


Catrice Glam & Doll False Lash Mascara: Usually I prefer waterproof to non-waterproof mascara but when I want to wear non-waterproof mascara this is the one I go for. I just wrote an entire post about this mascara last weak, so I am not going to talk too much about it hear again.


Fleur de Force Eye Shadow Quad 020 Lunar Rose & Inglot Freedom System Eye Shadow 397: Can you tell I am really into rose gold? I know it has been a trend for a long time now but I am still very much in into it. The top right color in the Fleur de Force eye shadow quad is a true, deep rose gold shimmer color that translates perfectly to the eye. It pairs amazingly with all the other colors in the palette and the quality is great, the Inglot eye shadow is still a bit better when it comes to quality (it is also a lot more expensive). This is wonderful peachy-pink, shimmery eye shadow perfect for everyday wear. It is very close in color to All that Glitters by MAC but the Inglot eyeshadow is a lot more cool toned.


Astor Soft Sensation Lipcolor Butter Matte 027 Elegant Nude & 018 Pretty in Fuchsia: Even though these lip products are from the same range by the same brand they apply and wear very differently. Elegant nude has a mat finish and can be a little drying on the lips. Whereas Pretty in Fuchsia has a more moisturizing formula and a shiny finish. It also stains your lips quite a bit which Elegant nude does not do at all. They are both long lasting and I wear them both a lot.


Tom Tailor Eau de Toilette East Coast Club Women: Perfume is the one 'beauty product' I don't really get. I like the 'idea' of wearing perfume but in reality I hardly wear it. I am in my early twenties now and sometimes I feel like I should start wearing 'grown-up' perfume but I just like the cheaper perfumes better. I honestly never smelled a high end perfume I really loved but I do like a lot of the cheaper perfumes. (I also do not think buying an expensive perfume would be worth it for me because it would probably go bad before I would ever use it up.) East Coast Club is one of those perfumes that I feel is marketed towards younger girls than me but I still really like that. It has a fresh, fruity scents that I love to wear in the spring / summer time (if I ever wear perfume).

What is your favorite Valentine's Day perfume?

No comments :

Post a Comment