Friday, February 10, 2017

Catrice Glam & Doll Mascara // Review

As of today there are five versions of the Catrice Glam & Doll mascara. They used to be called Glamour Doll mascara but it is still the same product. These are the three versions I have tried so far but I might also try the new rosegold Glam & Doll Sculpt & Volume Mascara. There is also a pink version called Curl & Volume but I only ever heard bad things about that mascara so I probably won't try that any time soon.


Back when I used to only wear non-waterproof mascara this was my favorite and I repurchased it multiple times. It was the first plastic wand I ever tried and I obviously really liked it. It does not necessarily give a lot of volume to the lashes but it did not crumble like almost all other mascaras do. It gives a more natural look to the lashes which I can imagine is not enough for most people. To me it is more important how mascara wears throughout the day because it does not matter if I get perfect, voluminous lashes but after a few hours my under eye area is full of black crumbs.

The wand on this mascara is pretty much the same. This is the mascara that I have been wearing almost every day for over a year now. Since I have switched to waterproof mascara there is no going back. This gives a lot more volume to the lashes than the non-waterproof version does and it holds a curl like no other. This is literally the perfect mascara for me. It keeps my lashes looking good all day long and it does not crumble or smudge. On top of that it is also easy to take off which is not always a given when it comes to waterproof mascara. I do have to admit it is not as easy as non-waterproof mascara, but pretty close. One thing that I should add here is that this mascara is not actually waterproof. Sure, it holds up better than non-waterproof mascara in the rain but I would not recommend going to the pool with this on.

Didn't I just say there is no going back to non-waterproof mascara for me? Well, sometimes there is. Sometimes I want to be extra gentle to my eyes or I know I am not going to be out all day I do like to opt for non-waterproof mascara. What is especially interesting about this mascara is the wand. It is the same as the other two but this time it is curved. I do not know what exactly that is supposed to do for yur lashes but it works fine for me. The finish of this is a little more intense than the original lack volume mascara but it does not hold up as well as the waterproof version does. When it comes to non-waterproof mascaras though this is without a doubt my (kind of) new favorite. (And I adore the packaging - that color is so pretty!)
from left to right: black, lavender & blue

The lavender and the blue version of the Catrice Glam & Doll Mascara are without a doubt my favorite drugstore mascara. On top of that they are also amongst the most affordable mascaras in the drugstore. They all contain 10ml of product and coast 3.99Euro each. Another good thing about these mascaras is that they seem to be rather popular which makes me hope they won't be discontinued any time soon ;)
What is your favorite drugstore mascara?

No comments :

Post a Comment