Sunday, February 26, 2017

Beauty Favorites // February




This month I did not shop for any new products (which I am very proud of) but focused on the products I already had. That is why all of these products I have owned for a long time or - in the case of the perfume - have been around the beauty world for a long time.



Christina Aguilera By Night Eua de Toilette: Didn't I just talk about how I am not the biggest fan of perfume? Well, I guess it means a lot then that I included one in this months favorites. This perfume smells exactly like what it looks like - at least to me. It s a rather heavy vanilla scent which usually isn't my thing but I really like this one. The warm scent comforting to me and it lasts really long on my skin while not being overpowering.


essence I Heart Nude Eye Shadow 03 Crème Brûlée: This is a beautiful, shimmery nude shade that is really close to my skin color. I like wearing this all over the lid or on the inner corner.


essence I Heart Nude Eye Shadow 05 My Favorite Tauping: This taupe color has a more of a satin finish I either wear all over the lid or in the crease and at the bottom of my lower lash line.
 

essence Cookies & Cream Trend Edition Eye Shadow 03 Last Night A Cookie Saved My Life!: This is a wonderful, deep brown with a satin finish to it that I love to use to darken my crease.
 

I loved combining all of these shadows together and wore different looks like that all throughout the month. I wore  Crème Brûlée on the inner third of my lid, My Favorite Tauping on the rest of the lid and on my bottom lash line and Last Night A Cookie Saved My Life! in my crease. When I felt like wearing something a little darker I liked to add a little smudged, dark brown liner to my top lashes.


The quality of these eye shadows is good but not amazing. I did all of the swatches on top of the Urban Decay Primer Potion because that is what I always use when I want to wear eye shadow. When I compare these shadows to MAC, Inglot or Urban Decay they cannot keep up. They do not last as long, they are not as easily blendable and the color pay off is not as good. All that said, I still like them. The price is a lot lower that all of those high end products and they work fine for everyday wear. When you try to layer up My Favorite Tauping to get a more intense color it can get a little blotchy so I would not recommend you do that - but because all of these colors are lighter neutrals you cannot see their weaknesses as well.

What are your ffavorite rediscoveries of the past month?

No comments :

Post a Comment